Thursday, December 11, 2008

APPEARING HONEST


Kwong heard Grandma explain to The Robber how important it was to give the impression you were not just innocent and sweet when telling a Big Fib, but making it appear as if you were the victim of some outrageous offense, if someone dared to point out the truth.

"Little Old Ladies can get away with murder," she laughed.

The Robber protested: "I'm not a murderer, I'm just a common thief"

"You'll be a most uncommon thief by the time you're done helping me!' she chortled.

"What do you mean?"

"I'll have my Boy Genius explain it to you when he gets here," she said. "Now here's what I want you to remember: You saw me fainting when you came in, and were very worried that I might die."

"Gosh, but you looked awfully healthy--I mean, old, of course, but healthy."

"Idiot," laughed Grandma. "I see it's going to take some coaching."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where's that Pinocchio character when he's needed!