Thursday, November 13, 2008

A TALE OF WOE














"I used to love going to visit my Grandmother. When I was growing up, it was my favorite place to visit. I would bring her a basket of goodies, and she taught me how to sew and knit. We spent many happy afternoons together.


"When I got a little older, though, I began to notice that Grandma did not like me as much as she used to. She said all the same things, when I arrived with goodies, and would be very nice, but you know how it is when you sense someone is hiding something. What I didn't know is that she was hiding a lot from me. Hiding things that were--surprising"

"What did you find out? And How?"

Little Red Riding Hood inhaled deeply and let out her breath in a long sign.

"I was on my way with a basket of goodies, as usual," she began.

No comments: