Sunday, November 16, 2008

AN ODD DEVELOPMENT


I knocked at her door, and knocked and knocked, calling, "Grandma! It's me! Little Red Riding Hood! I brought you a basket of fresh vegetables for your gazpacho! And a nice pomegranate, too!" I said that because she had become a little nutty about food as she got older, and started to lecture about bringing only the best fruits and vegetables. To try to please her, I did.

I was about to go and get the Hunter when thought I heard a rustling inside. "Grandma! Are you there?"

"Yes, darling," she called, "I was just napping."

"May I come in?"

"Just leave the basket outside. I'll pick it up later."

"Do you feel all right?' I asked. I'd never come over and not seen her.

"I've got Little Head Lying Good here with me," she said. "We have a few financial matters to discuss. Just leave the basket, and you can pick it up tomorrow."

I was confused. Was she napping or talking with Lying Good?

No comments: