Wednesday, September 3, 2008

WELL, LAW-DE-DA


Here's how it works: I make a lot of phone calls and draft a lot of letters but I don't tell you what's in them so you don't have to worry while you are out looking for the Princess's crown.

"How did you know we were looking for the Princess's crown?' asked Kasper.

"Yes, How?" asked The Brave.

Everybody wants the Princess's crown. Or The Princess. So you have no worry while I charge you money.

"That makes me worry," said Kasper.

I am going to write a long letter to The Bear and tell him he has disturbed your peace with the big smell. For that I bill an hour.

"He did apologize, there's no need," said Kasper.

Then he kept you up when you were trying to sleep. I'll phone him. That's another hour.

"You are keeping us up when we want to sleep," Kasper argued. "Can I charge you an hour for that?"

Ha-ha-ha! You remind me of the client I had in Firenza, who never stop talking. I love him! That's another hour.

"How?" asked The Brave.

You make me think about your case a lot, and that takes time. I have to research the case of the Bears who invaded Sicily to see how I can use it for your case.

"We have no case!" said The Brave.

That is for me to decide, as your lawyer.

Can we fire you now?" Kasper asked.

What? And lose your case against The bear? What are you, crazy?

No comments: