Friday, August 7, 2009

THE SHARK MAKES A JOKE


"And does The Evil Eye ever speak to you?" asked Giovanni Lento.
"He doesn't speak at all, he smiles at me and I smile back, of course, because I know what he wants me to do."
"You do?" What would that be?"
"Become so famous for my sharp legal skills that they name a TV show after me. You know, that's the real measure of success."

"Let me ask you this,"said Giovanni Lento, "could it be the real measure of success would be not so much the TV show about you, as the puppets you helped?"

"Helped how? You mean the puppets I helped sue?" asked Clarence. "I suppose."

"What puppets are you trying to help sue now?" asked the turtle.

"Leapin' dolphins, where to start?" said the shark. There are so many."

"Are you looking to sue me?" asked Giovanni Lento.

"I don't know you well enough yet, so don't flatter yourself" said Clarence, "but I'm sure I can think of something. Now, what were you going to tell me that was so confidential?"

"I know that I'm slow," said Giovanni Lento, but I think I must be getting on my way by myself. I thank you so much for your help earlier."

"Just remember most back injuries take a few days to really reach full bloom," said the Shark. I'll send a bill from my orthopedist."

"But you don't have bones," said the turtle.

Then you'll get one from my cartilagist! Ha-Ha! Great joke, huh?"

No comments: