Sunday, August 9, 2009

THE EXAMINATION I

"How it-a happened?" Pinocchio repeated, looking at his shoes for inspiration. "Let me-a see. My colleague-a Carol Cowstanzo beg-a me to help her restore-a the house of the mean-a Little Red Riding Hood, because her sweet-a old Grandma wanted to give it to-a the Little Head Lying Good, because he go out every day and save-a the world."
"That's all very amusing," said Nurse Martha. "How exactly did that hurt your back?"
"Oh, right-a. The big-a stupid cow, she push me over on purpose. No-a apology, nothing."
"And why do you think she did that?"
"I think-a she wanted to take Little Red Riding Hood's goodies all for her-a self. If I was lying crippled on the-a ground, she could take it-a all."

"Well, what were you doing taking out the goodies?" asked Nurse Martha. "Did they belong to you?"

"What you-a mean?" asked Pinocchio, stalling for a little time to think.

No comments: