Tuesday, December 28, 2010

SANTA KEEPS ON TALKIN'


"That happens when you start mixing with the Royals, sorry," said Santa. "You would think, being a Saint and all, it wouldn't affect me, but it does. Start to feel superior."

I know, even the best of us succumb sometimes.

"Pardon me for correcting you," said Santa, "however it is not that the best of us succumb to feelings of superiority sometimes; it is the rule that the best of us succumb to feelings of superiority frequently. That makes it very hard to find the right present."

Is is naughty to feel superior if someone is superior?

"Again, let's look at the larger context," said Santa, side-stepping the question like a seasoned pol. "One cannot land firmly on the Nice List with such feelings, but it does not automatically make you Naughty, either."

Is there a Limbo List?

"There is no Limbo List, that would make my job so much easier. I wish," Santa said, in a wistful way. "I have to scrutinize the behaviour of the year and evaluate the extent to which superior feelings have led the otherwise Nice astray. I take it on a case-by case basis."

Are there cases you can discuss?

No comments: